If you’re looking to clear away harmful toxins, lose healthy weight, and boost immunity, this colon cleanse juice recipe is exactly what you need.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this article may be affiliate links, which can provide a small commission to me at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase. You can read more in my disclaimer here.
A healthy colon juice cleanse is a great way to move things along the digestive tract and relieve chronic constipation. In addition to improving leaky gut, irritable bowel syndrome, and boosting energy levels.
So if you struggle with digestive issues or other health problems, incorporating a colon juice cleanse, will pave the way to good health. However, as with anything, consistency is key to yielding the best results.
In this blog post, we’ll explore a simple yet powerful homemade colon cleanse juice recipe along with other juice variations you can choose from. We’ll also dive into the health benefits, tips, and the best ways to boost overall wellness.
Grab your tablet for note-taking and let’s get started!
First thing is first… Let’s go over the abundant benefits of colon cleansing.
The process of cleansing the colon offers several benefits for overall health and well-being. Primarily, aiding in the removal of accumulated toxins, acids, and undigested waste from the colon.
This allows for a cleaner and more efficient digestive system. Including a healthy gut microbiome.
Colon Cleanse Juicing Benefits
Helps prevent colon cancer
- Reduced bloating
- Enhanced nutrient absorption
- Improved digestion
- Regular bowel movements
- Constipation relief
- Reduced high blood pressure
- Improved cholesterol levels
- Increased energy
- Healthy weight loss
Moreover, a cleaner colon helps enhance nutrient absorption which is key in helping the body absorb essential vitamins and minerals more effectively. Think about it as a way of hitting the reset button.
It also helps to support the body’s natural detoxification processes. Taking the burden off of the kidneys and liver and allowing them to effectively do their job in filtering the toxic junk from the body. All while promoting a healthier immune system.
Natural Colon Cleanse Juice Recipe
Gut health is often neglected without realizing the importance it has on our overall health and well-being. This is why detoxing and cleansing our system is essential.
The easiest way to do this is with a juice cleanse to help clear out the toxic sludge that is built up in the small intestine as well as the large intestine (colon). This natural colon cleanse juice recipe will help you get started in clearing out the crud before it gets worse.
To create an effective colon cleanse juice, a combination of fresh, organic fruits and vegetables is key. As well as ingredients such as cucumber and celery which offers plenty of water, antioxidants, and fiber.
Key Juicing Ingredients and Benefits
- Cucumber: Consisting of 96% water, this fruit is super hydrating which boosts colon health and helps regulate bowel movements. It also makes a perfect juice base.
- Celery Stalks: Along with antioxidants and fiber, celery supports liver and digestive health while also reducing inflammation in the body.
- Leafy greens (such as kale or spinach): Packs a powerful chlorophyll punch and supports the colon cleansing process while providing essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
- Green Apples: Apples are all great for their richness in fiber and antioxidants, period. However, green apples take it a step further in promoting a healthy gut. They contain a dietary fiber called ‘pectin’ which helps boost healthy bacteria growth in your gut. Making for a perfect colon cleanser.
- Lemons: Not only high in vitamin C and soluble fiber, lemons are also well known for their detoxifying properties. Plus, they help protect the body against free radicals that can potentially lead to cell damage.
- Aloe Vera – Loaded with vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and triterpenoid saponins – a natural anti-microbial agent that helps fight bad bacteria, fungi, viruses and yeasts. Adding aloe vera to your juices (or smoothies) helps in flushing toxins from the colon as well as with cell regeneration.
- Turmeric Root – Serves as an anti-inflammatory and supports digestive health. It also helps ease gassiness and bloating.
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 small bunch of cilantro or parsley fresh herbs
- 1 cucumber
- 2 green apples (Granny Smith)
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel (from the plant)
- 1 thumb-sized piece of turmeric root (optional)
2. Once done, pour it into a large glass container
Next, using a manual lemon juicer, squeeze lemon into the juice
3. Add aloe vera gel and stir well. I suggest scooping out the gel of an aloe leaf and fully blending it.
4. Store in an airtight mason jar in the back of your fridge to keep handy when needed.
Best Juicer Blender Combos
Colon Juice Cleanse Recipe Variations
The best juices are those that are homemade and can be made simply with natural ingredients. Lemon water with freshly squeezed lemon juice is a great option to drink first thing in the morning.
This allows the body to rehydrate and alkalize after it undergoes its own detoxification process overnight. The natural way. Remember to use organic ingredients if possible.
Citrus Burst Cleanse Juice
- 2 peeled oranges
- 1 peeled grapefruit
- 1 peeled lemon
- 1 cucumber (peeled if not organic)
- Cut the fruits and cucumber into pieces to push them through your cold-pressed juicer.
- Push all ingredients through your juicer’s chute to extract the juice.
- When done, pour it into your glass of choice and enjoy.
Green Detox Elixir
- 2 large kale leaves
- About 2 handfuls of spinach (or small spinach bunch)
- 1-2 green apples, cored
- 1 cucumber
- 4 celery stalks
Juice and enjoy!
Digestive Soother Blend
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cucumber
- 4 stalks of celery
- 1 green apple, cored
Juice and enjoy!
Juice Cleansing Tips
Drink On An Empty Stomach
This will allow for maximum nutrient absorption. A good time to drink the juice is in the morning before you eat or drink anything (other than water).
Consume the Juice Immediately
To make the cleanse worthwhile, you’ll want to consume the juice right after juicing for optimal freshness and nutritional value. Freshly made juices retain the highest amount of nutrients and provide the most benefits.
Exposure to air and light can cause oxidation, leading to reduced nutritional content. If immediate consumption isn’t possible, store the juice in an airtight container in the refrigerator for no more than 3 days max.
Take Precautions for a Safe and Healthy Cleanse
Avoid Prolonged Cleanses: Short-term cleanses, typically lasting 1-3 days, are the safest way to go when self-guided. Anything longer than that may lead to nutritional deficiencies and can become dangerous without professional guidance.
Listen to Your Body: Pay attention to how your body responds. If you feel weak, over-fatigued, or experience any adverse effects, consider ending the cleanse and contact your physician.
FAQs About a Juice Colon Cleanse
What do I need to know before a juice cleanse?
Doing any kind of juice cleanse is the same as detoxing the body. So it’s important to understand that you may experience detox symptoms. It all depends on the level of toxicity your body is currently in.
Some detox symptoms include: