Let’s face it, losing weight is not an easy process. It’s a major challenge for most. You either end up giving up mid-way, fall victim to cravings, diet pills, potions, powders, or any shortcut you stumble across along the way only to leave you feeling worse at the end… and broke!
For years, I tried to lose 5-10 extra pounds of stubborn fat that wouldn’t go away no matter what I tried. I tried all kinds of diet pills, diet programs, powders, or anything I came across that sounded too good to be true and the minute I saw an infomercial on the latest weight loss tactic, I was on it like white on rice!
A shortcut is what I wanted because really, who has time to take the “long” route when you want results TODAY. I’m sure you can relate.
The fact is, we have to make the time.
There is no “long” route nor is there a “short” cut. The long route seems eternal because we want results now. The truth is, results come with patience, self-love, and commitment to a lifestyle change. It’s not just a diet or a simple diet adjustment. It requires the desire and commitment to make overall lifestyle changes that will actually stick versus create a dieting yo-yo effect that will only lead to unhealthy outcomes.
Here are 5 tips to get you moving in the right direction –
- Go Green. Think veggies and leafy greens. Incorporate at least 80% of greens in your meals for an alkalizing effect on your body. Veggie/leafy greens are highly alkalizing, very low in calorie and extremely rich in nutrients making it greatly beneficial to your weight loss goals. The more greens you incorporate in your diet, the better off you’re going to be. Some veggies you can include are broccoli, cauliflower (Tip: raw cauliflower rice over salad is a nice treat!), Brussel sprouts, cucumber, celery, red leaf lettuce, spinach, and kale to give you some ideas.
- Ditch the Processed Foods. Rule of thumb… Anything packaged, canned, jarred, not in a whole food state is only damaging to your health making it a good recipe for weight loss disaster! The food you put into your body should come from clean, whole food nutrition found in plants in order for you to reap the rewards of healthy weight loss and optimal health.
- Exercise. A part of your weight loss regimen should include at least 30 minutes of exercise daily. Do what your body will allow you to do physically. Whether it is starting out with a walk, brisk walk, a jog, a run, or a bike ride. Whatever it is, just do it and don’t put any thought into it. Your mind will play all kinds of tricks on you and if you let it, give you all the reasons why you can’t when in fact you absolutely can. If you allow yourself to think too much, you will always find excuses as to why not. This will only delay your progress, lead you to overwhelm, and ultimately, giving up. Take control and make it happen.
- Stay hydrated. Another key element of your weight loss journey should include continuous hydration. A hydrated body helps push toxins through, increasing your trips to the bathroom, it helps suppress your appetite, and aids in a higher functioning metabolism. Your body must also be in constant hydration to prevent the dangers of dehydration which in turn will only open up an invitation to cravings, weight gain, and other unwanted health conditions.
- Control Emotional Eating. Be sure to eat your meals in a calm, peaceful, and joyous state. Consume a variety of colorful, vibrant raw, living foods that are appealing to the eye while maintaining emotional poise. Doing so will result in optimal digestion and allow your body to maximize the absorption of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that will aid your body successfully along your weight loss journey.
We all want results. The key is, deciding what kind of results it is that you desire…
Do you want results that will stick and make you feel alive and well all the time, never having to look back to the misery you felt before you reached your peak state?
Do you want results that are temporary and make you feel like you’re on an emotional roller coaster, revisiting the uneasiness you felt when you started?
The choice is yours.
In order to lose healthy weight, keep it off, live in a body you are happy with, and live a life you truly love of optimal health and vitality, taking measures to lose healthy weight and reclaim your life, is the most effective route you can take and the best decision you will ever make.
It’s a way of life you should never want to live without!
On your weight loss journey now? Share one of your most inspiring moments in the comments below. Would love to hear from you!
Healthy & happy journeying,