There’s no doubt that exercise ranks high on the requirement list for living a healthy lifestyle. But the gym isn’t the only source of exercise. In fact, some of the best workouts can come from the comfort of your own home.
Doing Yoga is one of them but did you know you can get the best cardio workout just from bouncing on a trampoline? Yep, that’s right! It’s not only the BEST form of exercise for your health and wellness, it’s so much fun!
Some call it rebounding but I call it lymphasizing because that is how I learned it when I became a certified holistic nutrition and natural health practitioner.
This is the rebounder I got for Christmas and I love it. It’s silent and perfect for an apartment if you’re afraid of making noise. Just what I needed living on the 3rd floor! You can also find some others on Wayfair here.
Lymphasizing is well known for supporting the lymphatic system which by the way is linked to boosting immunity. Something everyone could use right now with all this covid mess going on. And not just for right now but to keep it going because without our health, we’ve got nothing. You’d be amazed at how easy and highly beneficial using a lymphasizer (or rebounder) is.
All you have to do is commit to bouncing for as little as 10 minutes a day. That’s it!
It’s a great way to get a good workout without having to leave the house and without having to go to the gym every day. So, if you’re one who doesn’t like going to the gym and prefers to stay at home but wants a great way to get your body moving, this exercise is for you. I do recommend getting a lymphasizer with a bar to make it easier to adjust to. You can remove it at any time but I highly recommend it if you want to do some more advanced exercises!
I posted a short video over on my YouTube Channel so you can see how it works. 😉
15 amazing benefits you can expect from lymphasizing
1. Improves digestion and allows the body to easily cleanse itself in a fun and natural way.
2. Improves the body’s muscle-to-fat ratio and reduces the appearance of cellulite.
3. Stimulates lymphatic circulation which in turn increases blood flow, boosts the immune system and strengthens its capacity to fight disease, kills cancer cells, and prevents illness and disease from surfacing.
4. Increases G-force (gravitational load) which helps to increase bone density.
Rebounding was used on astronauts for increasing bone density and reversing the osteoporosis that they had been developing while in space and away from the earth’s gravity. The study NASA conducted on the astronauts who began rebounding can be found here.
5. Helps lower blood pressure to the degree that treatment with typical blood pressure medication does.
6. Helps to restore existing heart conditions and aides in the recovery from heart procedures.
7. Strengthens the circulatory system and improves the body’s circulation which helps to reduce pain and swelling in the legs.
8. Strengthens the heart and other muscles in the body for greater efficiency.
9. Lowers cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
10. Promotes tissue repair.
11. Greatly improves the alkaline reserve in the body while reducing the body’s prolonged effort in balancing acid/alkaline levels in emergency situations.
12. Greatly improves brain function and mental processes.
13. Reduces neck and back pains, headaches, and other bodily aches and pains.
14. Improves body alignment, balance, and posture.
15. Promotes relaxation and improves sleep.
Overall, it’s a FULL body detox that improves digestion and allows the body to easily cleanse itself in a fun and natural way. Perfect for the whole family!
Remember, a body in motion, stays in motion; a body at rest, stays at rest. If you commit and focus solely on what it is you want to achieve, whether it be increased energy or your ideal weight, you’ll find yourself thinking less and less of what you didn’t like about exercising to begin with.
Exercise does not have to be boring. Make it fun. Change it up as often as you’d like and you’ll find yourself enjoying it every time. Especially when you start to see and feel the results!
Rebounding books and sited resources
Rebound Exercise by Albert E. Carter
Miracles of Rebound Exercise by Albert E. Carter
Albert E. Carter, Olympic athlete, journalist and lifelong rebound researcher claims rebounding to be, “The most effective exercise yet devised by man.”
In the book, “Jumping for Health,” Dr. Morton Walker claims that Just 2 minutes of rebounding offers equivalent physiological benefits as: 6 minutes of running – 10 minutes of swimming and 22 minutes of walking!
In just 2 minutes of rebounding – the entire lymphatic system is flushed out and the white blood cells count nearly triples, providing a greater defense system to destroy cancer cells.
“…for similar levels of heart rate and oxygen consumption, the magnitude of the biomechanical stimuli is greater with jumping on a trampoline than with running, a finding that might help identify acceleration parameters needed for the design of remedial procedures to avert deconditioning in persons exposed to weightlessness. “
The above statement is one of several made in a scientific study published in the Journal of Applied Physiology 49(5): 881-887, 1980, which confirms many of the statements previously made in The Miracles of Rebound Exercise, 1979. The research was performed by the Biomechanical Research Division, NASA-Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, California, in cooperation with the Wenner-Gren Research laboratory, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky.
This post contains affiliate links. I earn a small commission if you shop through my links. This is at no cost to you but it does help to support my blog and mission to inspire others to a healthy, happy and compassionate lifestyle.