Good morning beautiful!
I’ve been raw vegan now for almost 6 years and I’ve loved every minute of it! It has not only transformed the way I eat but has also transformed my life – mind, body and spirit.
At the end of the day, you are not just shifting your eating habits, you are shifting your mindset, behaviors and overall environment with a lifestyle in mind, not a diet.
It’s about creating healthy habits that become easier to implement day by day and become sustainable over time. All it requires is taking the first step forward, beginning with what you put in your body.
I always recommend starting with one fruit smoothie in the morning to get your body into gear and give you that jumpstart for a successful day ahead – full of energy and clarity to take on the tasks that await.
Here is a simple smoothie recipe I’ve been making every morning to get my day rockin’ and rollin’! It’s simple and easy to make without the hassle of cooking.
It’s a perfect on-the-run type of breakfast smoothie that takes no more than 5-10 minutes to make. You can vary the frozen fruit from blueberries to mixed berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries) or strawberries and jackfruit.
My Simple Morning Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
All you will need is a high speed blender like the Vitamix which makes the perfect smoothie without the seeds fruit leaves behind in an average blender.
You will also need a glass mason jar or blender bottle to pour your smoothie in and your environmentally friendly disposable straw. If you have a glass or SS straw, you can use either of those as well.
- ½ pineapple cut into chunks
- 1 organic red delicious apple (or apple of your choice)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 thumb size piece of aloe vera leaf – If I’m in a hurry, I just add it in without peeling it but for this one, I only peeled one side of it. It’s OK to eat the skin but just don’t over-do it or you will be drinking a very bitter smoothie!
- ¾ cups 100% coconut water – I use Whole Foods brand 365. Fresh Market brand also makes it with no additional ingredients. Just be sure to check the ingredients on whichever one you choose so that you buy one that has only 100% coconut water in the ingredients.
- ½ scoop Amazing Greens Glow Vanilla Honeysuckle powder – I ran out of my Garden of Life Raw Protein Vanilla powder and since it was out of stock, I decided to try Amazing Greens which had a sale going on. It wasn’t bad and tasted good, actually but I’ll still go back to GOL – I like that GOL is raw!😊
Blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy. Then, pour it on into your jar, add your straw and fuel up… Cheers!
If you want to see what I eat throughout the day and what a typical day raw vegan style looks like for me, let me know in the comments below! 👇🏼
Subscribe to my YouTube channel at Sandra Campillo for more tips, tricks, recipes and more!