I’m not sure I’m ready to say bye to summer yet but like it or not, we’re headed for Fall. And since Fall is around the corner, it’s time to start gearing up! That means breaking out the sweaters, boots and everything pumpkin!
Also, since Starbucks has already rolled out their fan favorite Pumpkin Spice Latte, I thought… Why not make an even better version of it that’s not only delicious and cruelty-free, it’s healthy and so easy to make. It’s a perfect fall treat for your morning commute or a sip-and-savor on the front porch, morning experience.
Pumpkin spice latte recipe
1-1/2 tablespoons coconut sugar or Date Syrup
3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 packet Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee (or elixir), ¼ cup espresso or 1/2 cup brewed coffee of choice 1/2 cup Three Trees almond milk with vanilla bean unsweetened (or homemade)
– In a small pot, combine all the ingredients, except the milk and bring to a simmer – whisking until smooth.
– Transfer the pumpkin sauce over to your mug (16oz) of choice.
– Reduce the heat to low, add the milk to the saucepan and using your frother, froth for about a minute until rich and creamy.
– Remove from heat and pour the frothy milk into your mug over the pumpkin sauce.
– Top off with plant-based CocoWhip whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg to your liking.
Compare to Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte Ingredients:
Milk, Pumpkin Spice Sauce [Sugar, Condensed Skim Milk, Pumpkin Puree, Contains 2 Or Less Of Fruit And Vegetable Juice For Color, Natural Flavors, Annatto, Salt, Potassium Sorbate], Brewed Espresso, Whipped Cream [Cream (Cream, Mono And Diglycerides, Carageenan), Vanilla Syrup (Sugar, Water, Natural Flavors, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid)], Pumpkin Spice Topping [Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, Clove, Sulfiting Agents].