Kicking off the first week of 2020 with this healthy, plant-powered, nourishing salad I made over the holidays but can be made at any time of the year…
I made this salad at Christmas with a semi-tart cranberry dressing that gave it just the right touch and complimented the salad well. You’re going to love it! It’s bursting with nutrients and is sooooo hydrating for the body. Best of all, it is so easy to make!
My Pomegranate Kale & Cranberry Salad Recipe
- 3 med-large kale leaves without stems – finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. Bragg Nutritional Yeast
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 10 heirloom cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 cup broccoli microgreens (or any microgreens of your choice)
- 1 small lemon (½ for salad and ½ for dressing)
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds for garnishing
- 1 cup cranberries, lightly cooked to soften
- ¼ cup agave (add more to sweeten as desired)
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Aminos
- ½ lemon, juiced
Combine nutritional yeast with the juice of half lemon. Massage the kale with the mixture and add to a large salad bowl.
Next, add all other ingredients except for pomegranate seeds to salad bowl. Then, toss to combine. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Pour over salad and toss again to blend in.
Hope you enjoy it!
Be sure to come back and let me know what you think in the comments below. I’d love to hear all about it!