One of my favorite Fall recipes is my Pumpkin Spice Banana Smoothie!
This recipe is so good and so easy to make. It’s a perfect seasonal treat. One you’re going to love!
This smoothie takes about 5 minutes to make, it doesn’t take much and can easily be made for entertaining or a Friendsgiving gathering.
For this recipe, I’ll be using my Vitamix blender because I just love this lean, mean, blending machine!
But, if you don’t have a Vitamix blender, that’s OK. You can use any high speed blender of your choice.
- 2 ripe, speckled bananas – Speckled, ripened bananas are best for sweetening, more digestible by the body AND greater in nutritional value.
- 2 frozen bananas – Freeze fully ripened bananas by peeling them and slicing them into pieces then, stick them in a ziploc bag and place them in the freezer. If you don’t have frozen bananas ready to go, you can prepare and freeze them 2 hours in advance.
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree – I prefer using freshly cut pie pumpkin but for the purpose of this video and keeping it simple, I suggest using Pumpkin Puree but be sure to check that it is 100% pumpkin and nothing more in the ingredients.
This is one veggie you can get away with not buying organic as the pumpkin shell is thick enough to keep pesticides from getting in.
- 1 small persimmon – These are a yummy sweet fruit seasonal for Fall and make a great smoothie addition!
- ½ -1 cup of 100% coconut water – I would prefer to use raw coconut water straight from the source but packaged coconut water will work just the same as long as it is 100% coconut water and no other ingredient is added. So, double check your ingredients when gathering your ingredients – I’ll show you how to extract coconut water from a raw coconut in a future video so don’t forget to subscribe!
- 2 Medjool Dates – be sure to remove the pit first or you’ll be drinking a very grainy smoothie!
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice – If you would like me to show you how to make your own homemade pumpkin pie spice blend in a future video, comment below and let me know!
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract – I typically prefer to use a fresh vanilla bean pod but I wasn’t able to find any available so I opted for extract.
Please note that I do my best to keep my ingredients organic. I use local when organic is not available and I highly encourage you to do the same. It’s a much cleaner and healthier option for your body and overall well-being.
Add all ingredients to your blender and blend it up until it is completely smooth and creamy.
Then, grab your glass jar and pour in the goodness!
I just love seasonal Fall treats like these… They’re so yummilicious!😋
Especially, without the added guilt of all the sugary junk that most seasonal treats come with and better yet, it’s nutritious, it fuels your energy AND kicks your sugar cravings to the curb!
If you want to give this recipe a try, let me know what’cha think in the comments below!
If you want more tips, tricks, recipes and more on how to design and live your best life – mind, body and spirit – subscribe to my YouTube channel at Sandra Campillo as we have fun together, creating a life you truly love and deserve! xoxo