Large friend gatherings may be out right now because of the COVID pandemic but the fun of making tacos with a small group doesn’t have to be!
There’s no doubt that tacos are one of America’s most favorite Mexican meals and are high in popularity but did you know that they can also be made cruelty-free and still be delicious? 🌱
That’s right… Tacos can easily be made vegan. The best part is, they are healthier and delicious!
Go ahead and give them a try yourself. Starting with the taco meat…
Raw vegan taco meat recipe
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 cups raw walnuts
- 1 cup portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced or finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 small piece of turmeric root
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup distilled water
In your food processor, process by pulsing so that it doesn’t all clump up together. If it does, just stop and scrape down the sides to keep going.
Do this until all ingredients are roughly combined.
Aioli sauce recipe
- 1 cup raw cashews (if using soaked cashews, see notes)
- 3/4 cup distilled water
- 1 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons Annie’s dijon mustard
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- pinch of himalayan or sea salt to taste
In your Vitamix or high speed blender of choice, add in all ingredients and blend for about 45-60 seconds until smooth and creamy.
Store any leftovers you might have in an airtight mason jar and store in your fridge for about a week.
This recipe was inspired by The Simple Veganista.
Easy pico de gallo
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sprinkle of Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- 2 tbsp of Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and diced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced portobello mushrooms
- ½ tsp fresh or dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp fresh or dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp of himalayan or sea salt
In an eco-friendly, health conscious pan, add in garlic, onion and give it a stir.
Next, add in the mushrooms. Continue to stir to evenly distribute the heat.
Add in the seasonings and continue stirring until the water from the mushrooms has dried up.
For the final step…
Use plant based tortillas or bib lettuce, pile on the goodness, wrap up it up and enjoy!
Watch the full video over on my YouTube channel to see how I did it HERE.