This isn’t just any avocado sandwich. It’s delicious, completely nutritious and a healthy snack or meal option your entire family will surely love!
In a previous YouTube video, I shared how to pick the perfect avocado. If you missed it, you can watch it here.
Today I am showing you how to use that perfect avocado to make the most amazing avocado toast sandwich!
And, when I say it’s amazing, it’s UHHH-MAZING!
So when you head out to gather the ingredients for this recipe, be sure to take your time picking the perfect avocado because the last thing you want is to look forward to eating this deliciousness only to find out your avocado is spoiled.
Trust me, it’s happened to me when I’ve been in a rush! So take your time. 😉
Here’s the list of ingredients you will need:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 small bowl for the avocado mash
- 1 cup microgreens – You can use broccoli, radish, beets, kale, arugula or whatever microgreens you can find – I usually get these at Whole Foods in the produce section but Earth Fare should have them too – if you can’t find microgreens, you can use sprouts.
- 5 heirloom cherry tomatoes – Slice them as thin as you can. If you don’t have access to these, you can opt for regular cherry tomatoes or sliced roma tomato will work just as well.
- ¼ red onion (optional)
- ½ lemon, freshly squeezed
- 2 slices sprouted bread – Be sure to choose gluten if you’re allergic to gluten.
- ¼ cup thin sliced cucumber
- ¼ cup shredded red cabbage
- Pinch of turmeric
- Sprinkle of celtic, himalayan or sea salt
- Sprinkle of pepper
Slice the avocado in half.
Remove the pit and scoop out the pulp into the bowl.
Next, you’re going to add the turmeric, salt and pepper. The pepper allows the turmeric to become better absorbed by the body. This helps to improve digestion and reduce inflammation.
For this recipe, I used celtic sea salt which is amazingly potent but Himalayan salt will work just as well.
Next, pour in the lemon juice and begin mashing in all the ingredients together.
I used an avocado mashing tool to prepare the avo-mash which you can find pretty cheap on Amazon but there’s a SS option I saw which I’m getting ready to buy and feel is a better choice versus the plastic one. I will post that link in the description for reference.
Be sure to combine the ingredients well.
Next. slice the tomatoes. Slice them as thin as you can, then, set them aside. If you don’t have cherry tomatoes, regular roma tomatoes will work just the same.
Start spooning the avocado mash over the bread and spread it evenly to cover the entire slice. The amount you spread on is up to you. I like it loaded so I typically use a full avocado for my sandwich for optimal nutrition and to make it more filling.
Next, you’re going to add the microgreens. I used broccoli microgreens for this recipe, but you can use whatever is available to you. You can also use sprouts if that’s all you have access to.
Finish topping off with the remaining ingredients.
So there you have it. The most yummiest avocado toast you will ever try! 😋
If you want to give this deliciousness a try, let me know what you think in the comments below.If you would like to see the full video on this recipe, head on over to my YouTube channel and give it a watch here and don’t forget to hit the subscribe button for more videos to come!