Happy Sunday friend! And, oh yeah, it’s Valentine’s Day! 😉 What better way than to start your morning with this deliciousness? Gather up your ingredients from Whole Foods with Amazon Prime or your favorite grocery store through Instacart for immediate delivery and get this yumminess going for your sweetheart or if you are your Valentine, make them for yourself. Why not? I AM! 😉
I have been making this chocolate, chocolate chip pancake recipe for the past 6 years and I absolutely LOVE it. It’s a big hit for everyone whether they are vegan or not. They’re rich, filling and delicious. Enjoy love! ❤️
Chocolate chip pancake recipe
½ -1 cup almond milk
1-¼ cup oat flour
¼ cup hazelnut meal (you can buy it or make it by just simply grounding hazelnuts)
2 tbsp cacao powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 flax egg (Mix 1 tbsp flaxseed meal with 3 tbsp distilled water)
½ cup coconut sugar
½ cup Enjoy Life Mega Chocolate Chunks
Banana slices (optional)
If you want to give it a collagen boost, add in a scoop of Sunwarrior Collagen Building Protein Peptides which will also add in some more protein for a high protein option.
- Heat up your griddle, this cute emoji griddle, heart pancake pan or pancake maker like the one I have. If you already have a griddle, these heart cutters make a great option. Whatever you use, just make sure you heat it up with some coconut oil to keep them from sticking. Cold-pressed, unrefined coconut oil is my suggestion.
- Combine all the dry ingredients, except the chocolate chips, and mix well in a medium to large bowl. Don’t over mix.
- Add in the chocolate chips and fold in.
- Using a large spoon, drop large spoonfuls onto your griddle or pancakes maker. Make them as big or small as you’d like. Cook about 4-5 minutes on each side until they’re lightly browned.
- Top with strawberries, whole or sliced. Your choice. Slice up some bananas and add those on top too if you’d like. You can even top it off with some coconut whipped cream. Whatever you do, make it your best breakfast treat ever! 😉
*This post contains affiliate links. I earn a small commission if you shop through my links. This is at no cost to you but it does help to support my blog and mission to inspire others to a healthy, happy and compassionate lifestyle.