Learning to love yourself isn’t easy when it comes to battling the negativity the outside world throws at us. We get pressured from every angle to be and look perfect that the negative outcome is damaging to our sense of self and well-being – From body shaming to bullying to what others expect us to look and be like.
Although, I have to say, I am seeing more and more retailers such as Abercrombie and Victoria’s Secret break away from the “appearance of perfection” and break down the outlook of having a “perfect body.” Something that would be the ‘norm’ for qualifying or fitting in.
Regardless, nothing should ever get in the way of your knowing that you are perfect whichever way you choose to be. It’s your life and your body. As long as you feel good in it, that is all that matters!
I know, it’s easier said than done but I’ve been there and I know what it feels like to lose yourself to others and have your mind corrupted by society in order to feel validated and feel like you “fit” in; which is why I’ve put together this list of affirmations for you to start shifting that no-good, self-sabotaging chatter to a more positive and enlightened self-talk.
It’s repeating affirmations like these, on the daily, that have helped me transform my mind and my thinking process to ultimately creating a positive, unapologetic and healing space all around me. I have no doubt that you too can do the same.
By putting these affirmations into practice every day, you will quickly begin to shift your mindset, raise your vibration, and redirect the negative signals you are currently putting out into the universe to those that work for you instead of against you.
As you repeat these affirmations, there may be some you have a hard time believing or connecting with and that’s OK. It’s normal. Just keep repeating them daily and don’t stop because the more you practice them, the stronger your belief will get.
How to practice self-affirmations daily
Set aside some time each day to practice affirming. You’ll need to give yourself time to speak them and marinade on them so that you can generate the feeling of them. Feeling them is where the magic comes from.
I suggest making time first thing in the morning, afternoon and before going to bed.
In the morning, the mind is the most impressionable within the first 20 minutes of waking up so this time is perfect to push self-love talk into the subconscious to begin making it believable and feelable by you.
In the afternoon, the mind is ready for a refresh or reminder of what you fueled it with in the morning which serves as a midday booster shot. Trust me, it works!
Before going to bed, the mind requires positive fuel and insight so the subconscious can simmer on them while your mind is at rest and asleep with no chance of corrupting the process. Make sense?
Something else you can do is record yourself speaking these affirmations and replaying them while you work to feed, feed, feed the subconscious. You want to feed it as much self-love affirming talk as you can to feel and convince yourself of the love that fills your soul every day. You can also play these self recorded affirmations while you sleep to give the subconscious an additional boost in releasing the magic into your reality. It’s a natural recharge and a great way to wake up mentally fueled and ready to take on the day!
Remember, it’s all about the feeling of them and not just speaking them. You can repeat affirmations till your blue in the face but if you don’t believe and FEEL them, they’re useless. Feeling them is where the magic begins to unfold.
In the beginning it will feel a bit weird and awkward because you’re not used to talking to yourself in this way but the more you practice it, like with anything else you put into practice, it will become second nature and the belief and feeling of that so deserving unconditional self-love and confidence in yourself will naturally arise.
Don’t have time to repeat them all? No worries.
Go through the list and on a note card, write down those you resonate with the most. Have the note card easily accessible so you don’t have to waste time searching for it and it’s ready to go when you need it.
Another thing you can do is use post-its to put up on your fridge and bathroom mirror with the affirmations that you need most convincing of. This will serve as a constant reminder each time you look at it until it is fully engraved in your mind and your subconscious. When you feel you’ve mastered the “need convincing” ones, pick new ones to work on and continue going from there.
Keep in mind that consistency is key so everyday practice is essential in order to see results. You’ve got this, I know it! 😉
60 positive affirmations for self-love
- I am worthy of loving and being loved
- I am in love with my healthy body
- I am more than enough
- I love myself unconditionally
- I know how to set and respect my boundaries
- I choose ME today and every day
- I love all that I am
- I am loved
- I am deserving of love
- I am kind to myself
- I am love
- Love flows freely from within me
- I am beautiful on the inside and out
- The beauty that fills my soul is reflected on the outside
- I embrace my unique self
- I am one of a kind
- I deserve to be happy
- I let go of negative chatter
- I let go of self-sabotaging talk
- I am whole 100% and completely
- Everything I need is within me
- I am in control of my own happiness
- I accept and love myself unconditionally
- I surrender and let go of resistance
- I am grateful for all that I have and all that I am
- I make time for self-care because I am that important
- Loving myself comes easily and naturally
- I am strong and resilient
- There is nothing I cannot do as long as I set my mind to it
- I let go of those who make me feel less than I deserve
- I let go of those that do not value or respect me
- I am open to receiving love
- I am a kind and compassionate soul
- I am exactly where and who I need to be right now
- I am worthy of an abundant filled life
- I have no problem saying “No” to what does not serve me
- I say no more than I say yes and that’s perfectly OK
- I let go of that which no longer serves me
- I welcome and accept compliments easily
- I was born with gifts and talents unique to me
- My life is filled with abundant love and light
- I am conscious of making space for ME
- I have the power to create my best life
- I am deeply connected with my highest power
- I am unapologetic for being who I choose to be
- I make myself and my needs my priority before anything or anyone else
- I radiate love, compassion and confidence wherever I go
- My mind is a positive, judgment-free zone
- I attract positive, loving and kind people into my life
- I love everything about me
- I don’t need validation from anyone but me
- I love being with me
- I do not need anyone to feel worthy but me
- I complete me
- I release the need to judge myself negatively
- I achieve success in everything I do
- I have so much to celebrate in my life
- I celebrate myself today and every day
- I am beyond proud of myself
- I take care myself – mind, body and spirit