Just about all of us have that extra fat we want to lose and just get rid of for good. Mainly, that stubborn belly fat that doesn’t seem to want to go! The problem is, we subject ourselves to crash diets and fads of all kinds to try and find shortcuts or any way possible to lose weight fast instead of taking the simplest, all-natural, healthy way.
What’s the difference?
When you turn to crash diets, you are more likely to put the weight back on just as fast as you took it off. You are also setting yourself up for developing potential health complications.
When you opt for the all-natural route of shedding pounds the healthy way, your chances of keeping the weight off and peaking vitality are much greater as long as you create overall lifestyle changes versus just following a diet.
So, what is it that you need to do to shed healthy fat?
Here are 10 tips to make it happen…
1. Write down your goal. Think about what it is exactly that you are trying to achieve and get clear on what your weight loss goal is. Do you want to lose 5, 10, 12, 20 pounds or more? Write it down. Do you have an ideal weight you want to reach? Write it down. When you write your goals down, you are more likely to achieve them.[bctt tweet=”There is no goal too big or too small. Start somewhere and you’re sure to make a change! #WeightLoss #Tips #Success” username=”RawandAlive”]
2. Keep a food journal. A food journal is a great way to visually see what you’re consuming day in and day out. It not only gives you a clear depiction of what you’re eating, but it allows you to make changes and adjustments where needed so that you can reach your goal(s) much faster and more effectively. Start by logging what you eat for at least the next 3 days. Be sure to log every drink, every meal, and every snack you consume. Don’t leave anything out. You can use a notebook or you can grab my FREE 10-day food journal tool here and get started today!
3. Get your body moving. As Newton’s First Law of Motion so perfectly states, that a body in motion, will remain in motion while a body at rest, will remain at rest. In order to see and feel changes in your body, you not only have to incorporate all the right foods, but you also have to get it moving. Increase cardio activity by power walking, biking, hiking, running, or any cardiovascular activity that motivates you to move your body. Even dancing makes a great cardio, fat burning workout! There are so many different ways to get your body moving to keep your heart strong and healthy. And so you my friend, can reach your weight loss goals without sacrificing your health or your life.
4. Strengthen your muscles. Strength training also plays a major role in burning fat and in helping you reach your weight loss goals. Your body burns more calories maintaining muscle than it does having to maintain fat. So, the more muscle you build, the more calories your body is going to burn naturally on its own and the faster you are going to lose healthy weight. You don’t have to spend long hours at the gym nor do you have to become a bodybuilder. All you have to do is simply incorporate a strength training regimen that works for you and your schedule so that you can start putting it into action and begin working toward your weight loss goals.
5. Eat only when you’re hungry. Emotional or binge eating is not uncommon and often leads to increased weight gain or obesity which is why it’s so important to eat when you’re truly feeling hunger and not just because. A good way to minimize the temptation is to simply keep junk foods out of the house instead of making them easily accessible. Next time you reach for your go-to “comfort food”, ask yourself the question, “Am I truly hungry?”. Chances are, you’ll find that you are not while being prompted to think twice.
6. Eat water rich foods. Eating raw living foods high in water content is the best way to stay hydrated naturally. The advantage to increasing water rich living foods is not only to make you feel fuller and satiated longer while helping you stay clear from those junk food cravings but you can also eat as much of them as you’d like without having to count calories or worry about additional weight gain.
7. Keep stress levels under control. Stress is the underlying cause of all health problems including weight gain. You can eat healthy and exercise but if you’re stress levels are high, you’re counter acting the nutritional and health benefits that goes along with it while making your body work harder at pushing through. Learning to control your stress will help you manage your weight, keep your health in check, and reach your weight loss goals without compromising your progress.
8. Have a game-plan. Know what your plan is and write it out. Write down what it is that you are going to do for that day, what you’re going to eat, and where your activities will fit in. Getting your plan of action on paper, will better prepare you to achieve your goals and set you up for success. You can do it!
9. Track your progress. Track your progress by taking before and after pictures, keep a daily progress journal, write down your beginning weight and keep track of your weight loss journey. Having a visual of where you started and where you are day by day will empower you to keep moving forward. Weigh yourself every two weeks. There’s no need to weigh yourself every day or every week. Just visualize yourself already at your ideal weight and keep pushing toward it. I promise you, it will all come together. Just keep on moving and don’t give up. Consistently getting on the scale will only make you impatient, anxious, and can potentially discourage you from continuing to move forward. Just know that as long as you keep moving forward with proper nutrition, exercise, and stress levels under control, the weight WILL come off. You’ll not only see it, you will feel it!
10. Cultivate self-love. Take things one day at a time and don’t get ahead of yourself. Instead of talking your way out of reaching your goals by telling yourself you can’t, talk your way to them by telling yourself you CAN. Commit to seeing your goals through all the way to the end. Celebrate each day of achievement and be proud of your accomplishment knowing that the next day will only get better. Be conscious of allowing yourself forgiveness if you fail because it’s in failing that you will grow. Accept your shortcomings and have complete faith in yourself to surpass them. And, if you fall, get right back up for it’s after the fall, that you will rise. No, it’s not going to be easy, but I can promise you, it WILL be worth it.
Treating weight loss like a diet is a sure way to set yourself up for failure. It takes making lifestyle changes and creating healthy habits to get true, lasting results. When you commit to making a lifestyle change, your whole life changes for the better. You no longer have to count calories, control your meal portions, and best of all, worry about unwanted weight gain or getting on the scale.
Make the commitment to yourself today to truly live a healthier life by creating lasting healthy habits that will give you the results you long for and most importantly, make you feel ALIVE!
Until the next one!
Love, peace, and much success,