Struggling and have no idea how you can get your life on a healthy track? No time to make healthy meals, let alone maintain a healthful lifestyle? If the answer is yes to both questions, then you are like most and you are not alone. There seems to always be something getting in the way, isn’t there?
Whether it be a busy work schedule or busy home life. Eating or staying healthy is just not something that seems to make it to the top of our list when our lives fall into chaos mode. A healthful lifestyle is just not something we think about prioritizing. If you are like most people, life gets in the way and the hustle and bustle of daily responsibilities are more than enough to handle. It’s no wonder fast food and restaurants break the wallet! Eating out or take out becomes a daily ritual. Okay, maybe not always eating out or grabbing a “meal” from the “to go” menu at your local fast food chain; grabbing a frozen dinner or picking up a meal at the grocery store works too! Anything to make life easier, right? Let’s face it, it is what it is!
The fact is, when we really want something, we are going to make time for it; one way or another. If you put “getting healthy” at the top of your list, you will do whatever it takes to make that happen. You will work towards taking the steps you need in order to put it into action. You can’t just think about it you have to act upon it. Whatever you put your focus on, that is what will transpire. As far as getting healthy, the question is, how bad do you really want it? If you want it bad enough, you will make it happen and nothing is going to stop you. Think back to a time in your life when you wanted something so bad but time or money was a problem. Did you let that stop you or did you do whatever it took to make it happen? Chances are, through hell and high water you made it happen. That is how we work. It is the nature of the beast!
Where there is a will, there is always a way.
When it comes to our health, we don’t always know what direction or what steps to take to get us where we would like to be. Lucky for you, I am going to shed some light on those pondering thoughts and give you some pointers on how to start making changes towards a healthier you.
Prioritize: Think about what your top 3 priorities are and write them down on a pad or in your phone. Make it easily accessible so that you don’t forget or you can go back and re-evaluate if needed. Priority examples would be:
- Meal planning
- Grocery shopping
Make time: Evaluate your daily schedule and figure out what would be the best time of day/week for you to fit these priorities in. Think about the following:
- How you are going to work them into your schedule
- How you are going to shift things around to make it work
- How you will put them into action
Meal plan: Gather healthy food ideas and recipes that you can work into your busy schedule. Including snack ideas. Keep them simple for those days that are more hectic than others. On the days that are less hectic, you can plan for meals that may take a little longer but provide you with optimal nourishment. After a hectic week, your body is going to need it! Some meal ideas include:
- Breakfast: Fruit smoothies. These are quick and easy to make and they will supply your body with the energy and nourishment it needs to jumpstart your day and keep you going!
- Lunch: Green smoothies. These are quick and easy to make and they will supply your body with the energy and nourishment it needs to keep you going throughout your day! Get Raw & Alive smoothie recipe ideas HERE.
- Dinner options: Raw salad, roasted root veggies, sweet potato, quinoa, steamed veggies with a salad. Whatever you choose, be sure to always incorporate a raw food option to ensure you alkalize your meal and nourish your body with nutrients to replenish from the stressful day.
- Snack options may include, fruit snacks; enough to fill you up or maybe a trail mix with nuts and dried fruit. Snacks aren’t always necessary and you may not even have time to stop for a snack given your busy work schedule but if you eat a breakfast and lunch that is filling enough with the right foods, you won’t have to worry about snacking. Give the smoothie options a shot and see how that works for you. The key is to make them filling so add plenty of fruit!
Make a list: Grab a pen and pad or use your phone, whatever works for you, and start writing the things you are going to need to prepare your meals for the busy week ahead. Keeping healthy options in mind.
Meal preparation: Figure out what day of the week works best for you, and begin preparing your meals for the upcoming week. Use containers to store the different food items you are going to need to have ready in order to prepare your meals throughout the week. You can also prepare complete meals in advance and have them ready to “grab-and-go” so that they are ready to eat for the days ahead.
Lastly, BELIEVE in YOURSELF. Believing that you can do it is half the battle. Have faith and know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that there is nothing you cannot do and watch the magic unfold!
Ultimately, we each have a choice. It is up to each one of us to decide what it is that we are going to choose. Do we choose to continue down the path of destruction & deterioration or do we choose to make a change? A positive change and a healthier lifestyle. The choice is yours. It is your life and only you can decide how you want to live it.
As you move forward, step back for a moment and analyze your current situation. Ask yourself the questions:
- “Am I happy with my life the way it is right now?”
- “Am I happy with myself?”
- “Do I love myself that much?”
- “Do I want to continue with my life in chaos mode or do I want to take steps towards changing it?”
We all have our busy schedules with some of us working all around the clock and non-stop but at the end of the day, we are going to make the time for the things we prioritize and those that are top on our list. I choose to prioritize my health, my life, myself and my family and I make it happen. It is possible; even on a super, duper, crazy schedule.
Keep in mind that when you make time for and incorporate the essential elements to get healthy such as nutrition, exercise, rest and meditation, you will gain the energy you need to stay healthy.
You CAN do it.
Juice cheers to a healthier you!
Your Turn: Ready to get healthy and stay healthy? Share your comments below. I would enjoy hearing from you!