I will admit, I wasn’t always a morning person. Getting out of bed in the morning was always a struggle, and hitting the snooze button went without saying. I remember snoozing my alarm eight times, sometimes more! And on the weekends, I couldn’t help but sleep in after a long night of partying.
So glad those days are over!
I look back and remember being out drinking until the crack of dawn and then sleeping the morning away the day after. I was not only wasting my life away; I was abusing my body and taking my health for granted just the same.
Until one day, I found myself surrounded by diseased and cancer stricken friends and family while sadly losing two whom I loved dearly at a very young age. It was then when I realized something had to change. I knew I had to make adjustments in my life if I didn’t want to be the next one up.
I had learned what living a life of optimal health and vitality truly meant.
Today I look forward to starting each day more vibrant and alive than the day before and thrive in a body I’ve learned to appreciate and love beyond measure.When you learn to love yourself, you find a new appreciation for life and living a healthier more… Click To Tweet
Here are 5 tips I use that help get my days off to a great start and I’m sure will help you just the same.
- Drink lemon water. Start off with an 8oz glass of water with fresh squeezed lemon juice upon awakening to get your energy juices flowing. It’s a great way to alkalize your body first thing in the morning!
- Wash your face and stretch it out. I can’t tell you what a huge difference this makes in wiping the sleep off your face and stretching your body out. Washing your face with the coldest water possible and stretching out your muscles when you get out of bed, is sure to get you up and at em’ in no time!
- Meditate and breathe. Next, be sure to make time for at least a 10-15-minute meditation taking deep breaths in through your nose, releasing them out through your mouth, and focusing on all things positive. Practice expressing gratitude for a blessed new day, for health, family, friends. Even if things aren’t perfect at the moment, remember that there is always someone out there fighting a battle that may very well be worse than anything you may or may not be going through. Be grateful for all the things that are going right in your life and take a moment to align with them. Know that everything is going to be more than alright and that you are on your way to improving your current circumstance with each new day. Most importantly, feel it in your heart and soul. This is a great way to fine tune your day and ensure your day is set for success. It is also key for putting you in a positive state of mind to help you gravitate towards awesomeness the rest of the day!
- Work it out. In addition to your morning mediation, getting a good cardio and weight training workout in first thing in the morning is a major plus for jumpstarting your day. It sets the tone for the day ahead while increasing mental clarity and boosting your energy levels. Do what your body is physically able to do. Whether it’s just a low intensity workout for 20-30 minutes a day to start, at least it’s something and it’s getting your body moving. However, challenge yourself as your body allows and work toward improvement every day. We all have to start somewhere. The important thing is, that you start.
- Fuel your body. After a night of your body’s own detoxification processes and after a good workout, you’ll want to replenish with nutrient rich fuel to recharge and get moving in your day. There is no better time to infuse your body with a well-balanced nourishing fruit meal on an empty stomach than first thing in the AM. Your body will love you for it!
All of these work hand in hand. Incorporate each of these into your daily routine and make them a daily practice so you can create a habitual ritual that makes you feel alive and so good that you won’t ever want to look back.
What is one way you put into practice daily that helps jumpstart your day? Share it in the comments below!
Peace and vibrancy,