Well my friend, it’s that time of year again!
The time when everyone wants to change their life for the better. Whether it be to lose weight, get fit, eat healthier, quit smoking, save money, drink less, volunteer, or live life to the fullest. The list goes on…
As we all know, these resolutions are usually short lived. It’s not long before the excitement of kicking off the New Year and resolving to become a new you begin to fade away.
The truth is, we don’t need a New Year to make changes in our lives. Waiting to make positive changes only expresses the lack of seriousness to take action. Realistically, if you truly want to make changes and improve certain areas of your life, you have to truly want to do it at any given time. It isn’t something you wait to do or put off until you are ready.
You will never be ready and there will never be a “right” time but there will always be a reason as to why not.
Resolve to make changes throughout the year as you feel the need to for self-improvement. Stop waiting for a New Year to roll around only to set yourself up for disappointment. Positive change can take place at any time if you really, really want it to. You just have to want it bad enough to make it happen.
This year instead of taking up the same ole’ end-of-the-year routine of writing down your New Year’s resolutions, I challenge you to a 30-Day mental cleanse. This will pave the way to a whole new you and a healthier way of life.
Why a mental cleanse?
A mental cleanse will help you steer clear of those obstacles that tend to throw you off track and the impurities that clog your positive thought processes.
Submerging yourself fully in a mental cleanse will allow you to gain mental clarity and direction toward positive, sustainable change versus a temporary, on-the-surface makeover. It will pave the way to a whole new you and a healthier, wholistic way of life.
So try something different this year and start your New Year off right by kicking it off with a 30-day mental cleanse. Make the 30-day commitment for your overall health and the happiness you so deserve.
30-Day Mental Cleanse Challenge
1. Meditate for at least 10-15 minutes first thing every morning and right before going to bed.
2. Read something positive, uplifting and inspirational for 15-20 minutes each day.
3. Turn off the TV for the next 30 days.
4. Turn off your radio and turn on your audio. Instead, turn your car into a self-development forum on wheels! Pick up a copy of Tony Robbin’s Unleash the Power Within audiobook cd, Miracles Now by Gabrielle Bernstein, or You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay and take your thoughts and lifestyle to a whole new level!
5. Stop reading the newspaper. The media thrives on all things negative as it is what most of society feeds into. It’s up to you to decide what you do or do not let in. So be on guard at the entry way of your mind and be selective of your thoughts. What you focus on expands so focus only on the positive.
6. Clear your path of negative people. This may include friends and/or family. It’s important to understand that who you surround yourself with makes a huge impact on your current well-being whether you realize it or not. Surround yourself by those who lift you up, not bring you down.
If you’re not sure who the right people in your life are, do this short exercise: Write down 5 of your closest friends. These are the friends you interact with the most. Then ask yourself these questions, “Does this friend inspire me, motivate me, and make me feel amazing all the time when I’m around him/her?”, “Does this friend transcend positivity and encourage me to grow?” If you’re answer is yes, to both of these questions, then continue the relationships. If the answer is no, then for your sake, it’s time to let them go and move on. Not everyone deserves a place in your life. It’s up to you to choose wisely.
7. One of the keys to success is who you associate yourself with. The people you surround yourself with makes a difference in your level of success. Always be mindful with who you choose to associate with.
If you’re unsure whether or not the right people are in your life, do this simple exercise: Take the income (or an approximation if you’re not sure of the exact number) of 5 of your closest friends. These are the friends you interact with the most. Then write down the average. This average will be your income. If the result makes you happy, then continue to keep them in your life. If not, then you know what you need to do.
8. Stay hydrated. In order to do well in all areas of your life, it is important that you stay healthy and keep your body fully hydrated. A dehydrated body is an unhealthy body and can only create a negative effect on your life.
9. Exercise. Exercising on a daily basis boosts your metabolism and increases brain function leading you to increased confidence and successes. Start off with at least 30 minutes a day and work on sweating those toxins out! Work your way up to 1-1/2 to 2 hours for maximum results.
10. Reflect on your accomplishments daily no matter how big or small. The best time to do this is at the end of the day right before going to sleep.
Commit yourself to doing all of these for 30 days straight without wavering. If you skip a day, start over. It’s important that you stick to 30 days consecutively for optimum results.
It’s time to take control of your life and work on becoming the greatest version of yourself you know you can be. The time is now. The new you awaits.
Let the transformation begin!
When you’re done with the challenge, share your results in the comments below. How has your life changed? I can’t wait to hear all about it!
Cheers to a New Year and to living your very best life!
Love and light,